- The next National Presidents’ Conference is our Legislative Conference in Washington DC Hosted by President Roscoe Woods, 480-481 Area Local.The full flyer is attached. It convenes on Saturday March 9, 2019 at 9 AM with an NPC sponsored day of training, followed by our regular Sunday March 10th and Monday March 11th conference schedule.
Saturday 9 AM – Training
Sunday 9 AM – NPC starts
Monday 9 AM - NPC Continues
Monday 10 AM - President Dimondstein
Registration fee - $100.00 per attendee
Late Registration fee of $125.00 ~ if registering after March 8, 2019.
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION PAYMENT INFORMATION
Mail Registration Form & Check:
480 - 481 Area Local
Ferndale, MI 48220
email@example.com Make Checks Payable to: 480-481 NPC
CAPITOL SKYLINE HOTEL
10 I STREET SW (at South Capitol Street)
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20024
Call 202-488-7500 or go to WEB address http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=2136589&hotelID=131450
Mention Group #8077 for rates – Cut off for rooms is February 18, 2019
State and Local Presidents and/or their designees are encouraged to submit agenda items for discussion and debate during the conference. Agenda items are categorized by Constitutional issues; Internal APWU issues; (legislative, national political) Collective Bargaining issues; National Negotiation issues and others. Motions and resolutions are also open for discussion. The best way to submit agenda items is by e-mail to the Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson e-mail addresses Chuck Pugar Chairperson Dena Briscoe Vice-Chairperson 1414 Brighton Rd. Suite 400, 6139 Chillum Place NE Pittsburgh, PA 15212 Washington, DC 20011 Contact Number 412-321-4700 Contact Number 202-291-0801 firstname.lastname@example.org MSDBRISCOE@aol.com
Deadline for agenda items to be included on the conference handout is Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5pm
Lobby Day, Tuesday March 12th
We are taking our fight to the halls of Congress!
The day will begin with a briefing at the Capitol Hill Visitors Center. The APWU Legislative and Political Department is making arrangements for Members of Congress to address attendees from 9-10. Transportation will be provided by the APWU Legislative and Political Department.
From there, attendees will break off for their scheduled meetings with their Representative.
We ask that you schedule your appointment to meet with your Representative as soon as possible.
Tips for scheduling:
- Call the Capitol Hill Switchboard at 202-224-3121. Ask to speak with the office scheduler.
- Tell them you would like to schedule a meeting with the Representative to discuss a robust, public Postal Service
- It is not uncommon for you to have meetings with staff. If that is the case, you should ask to meet with the staffer who handles postal issues.
- Make sure they know you are only in town on the 12th.
- New Members are being sworn in on January 3rd and are still in the process of setting up their offices. You might have more luck scheduling after that date.
If you need any assistance, contact the APWU Legislative and Political Department at 202-842-4211